Did you know that...?
- Is the second large delta but the best preserved of European deltas?
- Was created over the past 5,000 years?
- Is listed as a UNESCO Reservation of the Biosphere?
- It hosts over 1,200 varieties of plants, 300 species of birds being the richest ornithological fauna on the continent, as well as 45 freshwater fish species in its numerous lakes and marshes?
- The largest town, at the entrance of the delta is Tulcea?
Last summer, I spent a week there. It was one of the marvellous experiences that you have to try at least once in your life. It may be compared with a visit at a natural reservation but please remember that this is not a half an hour- regular one. It takes days to see all the beauties there. The best feeling ever- to make trips with the boat on the Danube.
We stayed at a villa and we ate traditional food, which is mostly fish- all kind of fish. In the little village, all the people were very hospitable and kind.
I forgot to mention a very interesting fact: we have even seen wild horses.
I will come back there in the future and I hope I will find you there, too.
Here are some photos:
Photos from personal archive