joi, 8 mai 2014

BIMUN 2014

Hey there, dear readers! It's been a long time since I've wrote, but the reason is that I wanted to take a break and concentrate more on my personal achievements. This year my friends and I participated in the BIMUN conference.
We were very nervous and excited, as a half of us were still beginners. Not all of us knew each other, but the 17 hours journey helped as by making jokes and chatting we became more comfortable with each other.18 friends- 3 chairs, 15 delegates.
I was in UNEP (UN Environmental Program), which was chaired by Clara and Irina (a colleague from my highschool). I was a first timer and I didn't know exactly what to do. It took me one day, the first day of our committee debating to get accustomed to all the procedures. Eventually, I got nominated in top 3 after having tried my best for the whole 3 days.
We visited Budapest daily, a exquisite city. We even had a boat tour over the Danubian river.  I forgot to mention that all of us stayed at hosts, who were Hungarian family. All of our hosts were friendly, open-minded, helpful and very understanding(as they have always brought us in time for conferences and they have never imposed an early hour for us to leave outgoings). Have I mentioned our supervisors? Eszter and Reka were like babysitters to us: always taking care of us, always going out with us.
At the closing ceremony, most of us were nominated in top 3 delegates of their committees andone of us had even a resolution which passed in GA. We had one friend who got the "Best delegate" prize.
During the committees in session time, we made friends all over the world: Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Dutch, German etc. whom we will surely keep in touch. Funny thing this technology thing: it helps you to stay connected with your friends from all over the world. That's one of the most interesting and most important facts at MUNs: it enlarges your horizons. Living in a family with different culture it makes you understand and learn their own people marks in an interactive way.
To sum up, I had a wonderful time and a very interesting one.
Thank you for making that week the most memorable of my life: Kata & her family, Eszter & Reka, UNEP committee (all 32 members), my teacher and  my friends, the Romanian delegation: Teo, Teodora, Mara,Codruta, Madalina, Irina(my lovely chair), Sara, Alexandra, Miruna,Olimpia, Maria, Irina B., Dodo, Fish, Marinica, Rares, Sumi.











                                                           Text : Maria-Francesca Cristea
                                                           Photos: https://www.facebook.com/bimun2011/photos_albums
                                                            & personal archive